About Me

My photo
Joyfully married May 15, 2010, living in Troy, AL, Engineer and Pharmacist, "parents" of sweet puppy Gidget...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Well, I am (hopefully) coming to the end of our "major" home improvement posts. The inside of the house is now complete (except for the things I am going to do myself, of course). It is so nice to have a home that doesn't appear to be in the stages of building/renovation. When we bought the house a little over a year ago, I was totally freaking out about how we were going to get everything done. I was terrified that we'd go broke trying, and possible kill each other in the process. It has, however, been much more fun (for the most part) than I anticipated, and incredibly rewarding. Thanks to a VERY handy husband - who also knows when a project is out of our "specialty" level, I am no longer afraid of these projects! We didn't even really have to stress, and enjoyed having projects to do together. We were also blessed with some great folks that actually do this kind of thing professionally. They were much quicker than us, and their finished product had that professional look.
Here are a couple of pictures of the major project, our stairs...

The landing!!



The stairs completed, and much quieter :)

Gidget likes the new stairs too!

It's wonderful to have these things done and not have folks in and out of the house anymore!

The bedroom was also part of the project. With the help of my parents, we painted the walls. We then had the crown molding put in and painted, and then I painted all the other trim to finish it out. The curtains were a fabulous deal from Pottery Barn's President's Day sale, and really finished off the room.

Well, that's pretty much all the home improvement we have for now - THANK GOODNESS!!! I plan to enjoy this relaxing day off and do a little exercise as well.

I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday! :)






1 comment:

  1. Casa de Miller looks fabulous, friend!!! I know you're so relieved to have the big stuff done. Can't wait to see it in person...hopefully before our June reunion :) Love you!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete