About Me

My photo
Joyfully married May 15, 2010, living in Troy, AL, Engineer and Pharmacist, "parents" of sweet puppy Gidget...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Adventures in Domesticity...

I have been quite negligent in my blogging over the last couple of weeks, so I plan to catch up!
We had a great weekend with my parents this past weekend. They came up for a visit and to be here for my confirmation into the Episcopal church. Friday night we grilled out some AMAZING steaks - thanks to my grillmaster. :) Saturday Dad and R did an awesome job finishing our deck railing - I will post pics soon! While they worked hard, Mom, Abby and I did some shopping. It is what we do best, after all. It was a wonderful time for relaxing and enjoying their visit.
Also, I have to give a shout-out to a recipe I found in (of all places) People magazine. It was a blueberry pie recipe that was ridiculously easy, and so delicious that I made 2 in 1 week. I had to make the first as practice to make sure it was good, and the second for our "company" this weekend. :) I may just have to make a 3rd sometime soon - only to make sure I have perfected it of course! I had never made a pie before, and I was pretty proud of it! It also gave me the chance to use the pie-birdie Mom gave me, and it made the pie look so cute I didn't want to cut it!
Well, time for a little house-cleaning and puppy-walking. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow for Thankful Thursday (thanks Julie J) because there is so much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Excited for a new blog post. Excited about your adventures in domesticity. EXCITED about your confirmation! We have so much to catch up on! Phone date this week???

    PS--Will be back tomorrow for Thankful Thursday! I'm thankful for YOU :)

    ReplyDelete