About Me

My photo
Joyfully married May 15, 2010, living in Troy, AL, Engineer and Pharmacist, "parents" of sweet puppy Gidget...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

O'Thankful O'Thursday

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! I'm sitting here in my green shirt (maybe the only one I have) trying to think of something festively "St Patty's Day" to cook for dinner tonight. That may not sound as exciting as the college days of celebrating St. Patty's Day with all things green, but I guarantee I will get more sleep tonight and eat less than we did in AU. haha I specifically remember one such holiday when Kimmie and I drove back from a summer job interview in Foley just to be back for the festivities. Good times :)
Yesterday I promised some pics of our finished deck, and have been asked for some house pics so here ya go...

R and Dad did a fabulous job - view from the back door!

View from the other end of the deck! Now we just need a dining set and we can live out here :) (just ignore the paint job for the moment - that's next)

Now for Thankful Thursday
- My wonderful family and friends - especially the weekend I got to spend with family and time this week with friends!
- That beautiful deck being completed, railing and all.
- Scheduled completion of our stairs today - pics to follow once they are done
- This amazing spring weather...which inspired this table decor
- Those lovely flowers from the "first" Millers
- Confirmation into the Episcopal church and such a sweet and welcoming new church family
- A good job that allows all of these "little" house projects to go forward
- Swiffers - they were a fabulous invention and I rely on them heavily
- The Bachelor ending - now back to my regularly scheduled life - ha
- Sunshine - a good dose of Vitamin D and better for the mood than rain
- R's back feeling much, much better this week
- Coffee...I'm thankful for it every morning
- Clean sheets, they always make me sleep better :)
There are many, many more but the Swiffers are calling my name :)
I hope everyone has a little GREEN in their life today!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo, Thankful Thursday! I'm o'thankful for you :) Your deck looks seriously gorgeous...imagine all the fun yall are going to have out there! Your table is beautiful and makes me wish I had a table that pretty...or just a table at all! Ah, to be a big girl someday :)

    I'm also thankful The Bachelor is over so that I can reclaim my Monday nights! Happy St. Paddy's Day and happy weekend, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a phone date soon, my friend! And also, I'm thinking a summer-time cook-out reunion on that porch! Maybe we can bribe R to man the grill for us :)

    ReplyDelete