About Me

My photo
Joyfully married May 15, 2010, living in Troy, AL, Engineer and Pharmacist, "parents" of sweet puppy Gidget...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Live, Laugh, Love

I can't believe it's February already!!! January flew by with fun weekends and busy weeks. R and I had a blast on the last weekend of hunting season. :) We spent the weekend, where else, at the hunting camp. We joined our friends, which included their wives/girlfriends, and had a blast. We let the guys get to bed early since they were getting an early start in the morning. However, we stayed up until all hours of the night catching up, laughing, talking, and just having a great time. The weather Saturday was beautiful and I sat on the porch and read for hours. I love the time of year when it is starting to warm up and the outdoors are actually pleasant! Being at the camp is such a great time to enjoy the outdoors, actually see the stars, and let the pup roam free. Gidget had much more outdoor time than she does at home and she loved it. She and the Caffey's dog are now BFF and I think she misses her. haha
It was a wonderful weekend that led the way into an extremely busy week - and I caught the cold that everyone else had all weekend. It was well worth it, though! I think that is all for now!
In honor of the weekend I am posting my Texas Caviar recipe which is a favorite at the camp.
2 cans yellow corn
2 cans white corn
2 cans black beans
2 cans rotel tomatoes
1/2 red onion, diced
2 green bell peppers
pinch of minced garlic
pinch of diced jalepenos
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 bottle italian dressing (I use fat free)

1 comment:

  1. So happy you updated! Glad yall had such a fun weekend...sounds like it's just what you needed. Thanks for sharing the recipe...that's a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete