About Me

My photo
Joyfully married May 15, 2010, living in Troy, AL, Engineer and Pharmacist, "parents" of sweet puppy Gidget...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I have clearly not done very well blogging since my big debut. :) The life of a pharmacist sometimes requires a day or 2 of recovery after busy days of work! I am ashamed I am just now getting around to this but last weekend I had a girl's weekend in Bham while R had a Man's weekend at the camp and we both had a blast! I went to Birmingham and got to visit with my college roomies/friends as well as paint a masterpiece at Sips N Strokes (I highly recommend it) and "climb" the infamous Yogurt Mountain! It was a grand weekend filled with girlie time like shopping and chatting late into the night. I also finally had "Christmas" with Andrea (R's sister) and a delicious meal at Flip Burger. R went into the woods and spent the weekend with the fellas at the camp hunting/tracking deer and grilling out! They're nights weren't as late due to the very early mornings that hunting brings. We both had a wonderful time with our friends and were very glad to be reunited on Sunday to cook out and relax before starting another week.
Now here we are nearly at the end of another week! So here are some of the things I am thankful for this week!
1. A very thoughtful husband who makes me smile even when he's had a bad day.
2. A week at work where I felt productive more than I felt frustrated.
3. A visit from my sister - and the time to enjoy it! (Including a fun trip to Publix, California Yogurt Kraze, and a new Mardi Gras wreath for my front door)
4. Time with great friends - both in and out of town. (Reuniting with college friends and making new ones here, too)
5. Rocking chairs for our front porch from Mom and Dad!
6. A sweet pup to play with
7. A vacation to look forward to with some pretty fun folks :)
8. Dove Chocolate Valentine Hearts- I'm always thankful for chocolate!
9. A new Real Simple magazine
10. The treadmill - it does so much for my self esteem and my health :)

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. So glad we got to visit Friday night, even though Saturday never worked out. Things seem like they're going great this week and I'm so stoked for you!! Love much :)

    PS--I love Real Simple, too. It's a new love, but a real love, nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete