About Me

My photo
Joyfully married May 15, 2010, living in Troy, AL, Engineer and Pharmacist, "parents" of sweet puppy Gidget...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sooooooo Thankful

R and I started out the past weekend excited to spend some time with friends at the hunting camp. It was perfect weather and I was able to visit with the girls and get in a little porch-reading time in addition to some "outdoorsy" activities like fishing and riding around. All was going swimmingly until we got the call that sweet Gidget has been bitten by a rattle snake at home where a friend of mine was taking care of her for us. My friend and her son also narrowly escaped a bite themselves! Poor Gidget spent a couple of days at the vet while R and I worried ourselves silly about her. Thankfully she is home and well - if a bit swollen on the leg with the bite and slow-moving. She is recovering wonderfully though, thanks to the quick thinking and action of my friend, April, and the vet. This is where I will begin my Thankful Thursday this week...

- Gidget's health and recovery from a scary snake bite
- Snake traps and stuff to keep them away - we want to ensure this will never happen in our yard again!
- Time with friends this weekend
- Wonderful friends that take great care of us and our little pup
- A great family
- My new camera - I am so excited to be adding better quality photos to this blog :)
- The fact that my new camera came with an instructional DVD - I am a bit electronically challenged
- Abby finding out what her allergy was caused by - so she can avoid it and stop itching
- An upcoming wedding in our family to celebrate!
- An upcoming reunion weekend with my college girls - yay!
- Summer - even though I don't get a break from work, it's just a happy time of year
- Some rain today to squash some of the allergens attacking us lately.
- The start of married year 2!

I will end with a few pictures from the new camera :)

Gidget is recovering nicely - while we pamper her


Now we can enjoy some lovely outdoor dinners :)

I'm still learning how to use my camera so hopefully the pictures will get more creative than this...
Until next time - be thankful for something every day!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Gidget!!! Bless her heart. Rattlesnakes are scary creatures. I hope this is her last encounter with one! I'm excited about your new camera and can't wait for you to get the hang of it. You'll be a real photographer in no time...I just know it!!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh poor thing! i am so crazy afraid of snakes. that is scary!

    ReplyDelete