About Me

My photo
Joyfully married May 15, 2010, living in Troy, AL, Engineer and Pharmacist, "parents" of sweet puppy Gidget...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Anniversary time!

Happy first anniversary to us! I have to say, I have been looking forward to this day practically since we got married last year. As your may have guessed, I was quite thrilled to get another taste of our delicious cake, and see what sweet R could come up with. I have to give it to him, he truly outdid himself! Our anniversary weekend went a little like this...
- I have to work Saturday until 6, and when I opened the garage door upon my return, there was R sitting the chair of a brand new (and our first) outdoor dining furniture! I was beyond thrilled because we have had our eye on this particular set since last summer.
- To top that off, we had a delicious dinner of fillet mignon in our garage on our new table complete with wonderful sides and candles.
- He also gave me one of those prints that spells "Miller" out of different photographs and it looks so awesome in our entryway! I also gave him a print - an Auburn "Tiger" eagle sketch. I guess great minds think alike. The first anniversary gift is supposed to be paper so this was very appropriate.
- Sunday we went to church and lunch, then R treated me to a movie - we went to see "Bridesmaids" and it was pretty hilarious
- Sunday night we gave in and got some take-out Dominos. I was our anniversary after all, so we didn't have to cook!
- After scarfing down pizza we cut and ate our strawberry wedding cake! It was a bit drier than last year but pretty awesome considering it was a year old! We enjoyed the Sunday night and stayed up to watch movies since we were both off on Monday. I was also surprised with a spa gift certificate! :) Yay!

It was truly a glorious weekend to enjoy with R to celebrate a year of wedded bliss under our belts! Sorry for this detailed play by play of our one year celebration but I just had to give R a little credit for his planning and creativeness. Happy Tuesday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! R did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary to yall!!! we are on the hunt for patio furniture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's been a YEAR!!! Don't apologize...I loved the play-by-play. At least you left out all the really important parts ;) R did so good with your surprises, and I bet he loved his Auburn sketch. Happy anniversary, love, and I hope you have at least 300 more! :)

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete