About Me

My photo
Joyfully married May 15, 2010, living in Troy, AL, Engineer and Pharmacist, "parents" of sweet puppy Gidget...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm back! We've had a pretty busy past week but we enjoyed every moment. We spent the past weekend in Mississippi celebrating R's and his grandmother's birthday. We surprised Grandmama Saturday with a birthday lunch and were able to keep it a secret that we were all in town until we showed up at her house. We had a great time celebrating the birthdays and relaxing outside and playing with the kids. I also got to play "dress-up" in a bunch of dresses that belonged to R's grandmother and great-grandmother. Amazingly, they almost all fit so I now have a closet full of "true vintage" clothing! It was a blast. Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend...

"Little Lottie" and the birthday girl

The Miller-Pound Clan


Now for Thankful Thursday

- The many blessings we have been given
- Our wonderful families and the chance to spend time with them
- Our wonderful friends
- Finding a new "fun" place to each in Troy, thanks to Leslie -a shout out to Old Enzor Lane and their chocolate crepes
- Green - I was getting tired of the drab winter browns in the yard
- Once again, my arsenal of Allegra and Flonase
- Gidget -and her ability to get along with all other puppies in the family (including R's parents dogs Riley and Sadie)
- Almost 1 full year of marriage to the best husband ever! (only 1 month and 1 day short of the year mark)
- Time with my sister this week
- My kindle - it allows me to read and read and read and never run out of books!

There are, of course, many more but I'm off to bake for work birthdays and it's friendship bread time!


1 comment:

  1. 1. I'm pumped about your "new" dresses. Can't wait to see them!

    2. Love that pic of the whole clan on the tree.

    3. Love that you mentioned (again) your allergy arsenal. While I'm a Zyrtec girl, I can't get by without my Flonase...or NetiPot. Oh, how I love that NetiPot.

    4. I about swallowed my tongue when I realized that your anniversary is next month. Holy heavens! Where did the whole year go????

    5. I love you. Lots and bunches. Happy weekend, friend!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete